GL Communications Inc. announced today the release of its enhanced OC3/12 and STM1/4 Analysis and Emulation Card.
— GL Communications Inc. announced today the release of its enhanced OC3/12 and STM1/4 Analysis and Emulation Card. Speaking to media, Mr. Jagadish Vadalia, Senior Manager at GL said, “LightSpeed 1000 is our new Dual OC3/12 STM1/4 PCI-Express card for protocol analysis and emulation of ATM, POS, RAW, and Ethernet traffic over optical lines. Linux and Windows SDK for OEM integration and real-time processing have been added. The card also sports 2 Gigabytes of DDR2 RAM, a GigE, and a USB 2.0 interface making this card one of the most versatile and powerful cards in GL’s repertoire”. He added, “LightSpeed 1000 comes with software for overall monitoring, BERT, emulation, and protocol analysis with a price tag that compares very favorably with similar test instruments at 3 times the price”.
Mr. Vadalia further added, “Multiple cards are possible in a rack PC for analysis of 4 or more signals simultaneously. When LightSpeed 1000 is enclosed, the USB 2.0 interface is used to connect with a Notebook PC. The GigE port provides independent Ethernet testing at wirespeed for applications such as BERT and RFC 2544″. He added, “A unique feature of the card is the capability to capture and transmit at wirespeed to/from hard disk on all interfaces”.
- Ability to capture to disk at full rate in both directions without error. This permits detailed offline analysis that is not possible with other test instruments. Capture is possible on both optical ports and the single Ethernet port. Triggered and filtered capture is also possible.
- Wirespeed BERT over ATM, POS, and RAW formats on both ports simultaneously
- Complex and flexible filtering options: Sixteen 128 bit independently applied filters, both ports, 128 bit user defined mask per filter, AND/OR Boolean expressions, include and exclude conditions
- Hardware based precise time stamping of cells / packets with 10 nsec resolution, 1 ppm accuracy
- Portability thru a USB 2.0 Interface
- Single Mode or Multi Mode Fiber SFP support
- High performance x4 PCIe compliant interface
- Onboard SODIMM memory (DDR2) – up to 2 Giga bytes
Modes of Operation:
POS Mode – Packet over SONET / SDH
POS, or Packet over SONET/SDH at OC3/12 and STM1/4 is supported at full rates over dual interfaces. Access, capture, analysis, and emulation of PPP and HDLC, all carrying IP traffic in real-time makes this card useful to many applications including Routing, Deep Packet Inspection, and other Internet traffic applications.
Current POS applications include:
- POS Protocol Analysis with PPP / HDLC at wirespeed
- POS Tx / Rx Test – an emulation and test capability that transmits test packets and checks same on receive
- POS BERT – support for the following PRBS Patterns: 2ˆ9 – 1, 2ˆ11 – 1, 2ˆ15 – 1, 2ˆ20 – 1, 2ˆ23 – 1, 2ˆ29 – 1, 2ˆ31 – 1, All one’s, All Zero’s, Alternate ones and zeros, user defined pattern of lengths from 2 to 32 bits, invert and non-invert selections, single bit error insertion, error insert rate from 10ˆ-1 to 10ˆ-9, status for pattern sync, bit errors counters, and packet rate and packet gap configuration options, configurable header lengths and header information
- Wirespeed capture of POS packets to hard disk on both ports simultaneously; Filtering and time stamping of packets
- Alarms and Error Logging
ATM – Asynchronous Transfer Mode
ATM at OC3/12 STM1/4 is supported at full rates over dual interfaces. Access, capture, analysis, and emulation of ATM cells at wire-speed make this interface capability applicable for wide ranging next generation networks.
Current ATM applications include:
- ATM Protocol Analysis for AAL2 and AAL5
- ATM Tx/Rx Test – an emulation and test capability that transmits test cells and checks same on receive
- ATM BERT – support for the following PRBS Patterns: 2ˆ9 – 1, 2ˆ11 – 1, 2ˆ15 – 1, 2ˆ20 – 1, 2ˆ23 – 1, 2ˆ29 – 1, 2ˆ31 – 1, All one’s, All Zero’s, Alternate ones and zeros, user defined pattern of lengths from 2 to 32 bits, invert and non-invert selections, single bit error insertion, error insert rate from 10ˆ-1 to 10ˆ-9, status for pattern sync, bit errors counters, and cell rate and cell gap configuration options
- Other ATM BERT options – 52 byte ATM cell (without HEC) and 53 byte ATM cell (with HEC), HEC error insertion, on receive filtering is provided for idle cells, GFC, VPI, VCI, CL, and PT cells, cell counters for total cells, valid cells, idle cells, filtered cells, and filtered out cells
- Wirespeed capture of ATM cells to hard disk on both ports simultaneously, filtering and time stamping of cells
- Alarms and Error Logging
RAW or Transparent Mode: Raw or transparent mode allows direct access to the SONET / SDH payload for BERT, data transmit and receive applications.
Current applications include:
- RAW BERT - support for the following PRBS Patterns: 2ˆ9 – 1, 2ˆ11 – 1, 2ˆ15 – 1, 2ˆ20 – 1, 2ˆ23 – 1, 2ˆ29 – 1, 2ˆ31 – 1, All one’s, All Zero’s, Alternate ones and zeros, user defined pattern of lengths from 2 to 32 bits, invert and non-invert selections, single bit error insertion, error insert rate from 10ˆ-1 to 10ˆ-9, status for pattern sync, and bit errors counters
- Wirespeed capture of raw data to hard disk on both ports simultaneously
- Alarms and Error Logging
Source: Press release distribution via India PRwire
Notes to Editor
About GL Communications Inc.
Founded in 1986, GL Communications Inc. is a leading supplier of test, monitoring, and analysis equipment for TDM, Wireless, IP and VoIP networks. Unlike conventional test equipment, GL’s test platforms provide visualization, capture, storage, and convenient features like portability, remotability, and scripting.
GL’s TDM Analysis & Emulation line of products includes T1, E1, T3, E3, OC-3, STM-1, analog four-wire, and analog two-wire interface cards, external portable pods, and complete system solutions. Capabilities include voiceband traffic analysis and emulation across all traffic types (voice, digits, tones, fax, modem), all protocols (ISDN, SS7, GR-303, Frame Relay, HDLC, V5.X, ATM, GSM, GPRS, etc.), and with capacities up to thousands of channels.
GL’s VoIP and IP products generate / analyze thousands of calls / traffic simultaneously with traffic types such as frames, packets, voice files, digits, video, tones, noise, and fax using G.711, G.729, AMR, EVRC, GSM and a range of other codecs. Additional features include visual analysis, real-time listening, and recording. The product line also includes Ethernet / IP Testing capability that simulates and checks frame transport and throughput parameters of Ethernet and IP networks, including delay, errors and other impairments.
GL’s Voice Quality Testing (VQT) product line complements all of GL’s products. Using ITU-standard algorithms (PAMS, PSQM, and PESQ), GL’s VQT provides a widely excepted solution across the telecom industry. Voice Quality Testing across multiple networks (T1, E1, T3, E3, OC-3, VoIP, Wireless, and Landline) are all available.
GL’s Wireless Products perform protocol analysis and voice quality assessment on GSM, CDMA and UMTS networks. Connections can be made to any wireless phone with automated call control, GPS mapping and real-time signal measurements.
GL’s Echo Canceller testing solutions provide the broadest range of simulation and analysis, including compliance testing per G.168 and G.160 across TDM, IP, VoIP and Wireless networks. GL’s wireless VQT solutions help assessing impairments to voice quality such as poor mobile phone quality, voice compression and decompression algorithms, delay, loss and gain in speech levels, noise, acoustic and landline echo, and other distortions are easily assessed and accurately measured.
GL’s Handheld data testers can test a wide variety of communications facilities and equipment including T1, fractional T1, E1, fractional E1, T3 and E3 modems, multiplexers, CSU, DSUs, T1 CSUs, DTUs, NTUs and TIUs and more. The testers provide convenience, economy, and portability for almost any interface, including RS232, RS-422, RS-530, X.21, T1, E1, T3, E3, and many others.
GL’s Network Surveillance and Monitoring products include Probes for TDM, IP, VoIP, ATM, and Wireless networks. An open standards based approach provides a scalable, feature rich, real-time access to network intelligence. Centralized or distributed access, efficient transport and database loading allow compatibility with 3rd party and standards based monitoring systems.
For more information, please contact:
Mr.Gururaj S D (Head Marketing) (L) 91 080 4048 8400, (F) 91 080 4048 8401