These and other important questions are the focus of a London Assembly Health and Public Services Committee meeting tomorrow at City Hall.
As part of their investigation into home-based care and support services for older Londoners, the Committee will put questions to the following guests:
· Cllr Lorna Campbell, London Borough of Lambeth and Deputy Chair of the Health and Adult Services Forum for London Councils
· Samantha Mauger, Chief Executive, Age Concern London
· Francis McGlone, Policy Manager, UK Homecare Association
· Ian Winter, Deputy Regional Director, Social Care and Partnerships, Department of Health
· Martin Cheeseman, Director of Housing and Community Care, London Borough of Brent
The meeting will take place on Wednesday 25 November at 10am in Committee Room 4 at City Hall ( The Queen’s Walk, London SE1 ). Media and members of the public are invited to attend. The meeting can also be viewed via webcast at: http://www.london.gov.uk/assembly/webcasts.jsp
Notes to Editors
1. Full agenda papers for the meeting are available at: http://www.london.gov.uk/assembly/health_ps/2009/nov25/agenda.jsp
2. As well as investigating issues that matter to Londoners, the London Assembly acts as a check and a balance on the Mayor.
The Chair of the Committee, James Cleverly, is available for interviews. For more details, please contact Lisa Moore in the Assembly Media Office on 020 7983 4228. For out of hours media enquiries please call 0207 983 4000 and ask for the Assembly duty press officer. Non-media enquiries should be directed to the Public Liaison Unit, Greater London Authority, on 020 7983 4100.
Source: Media Newswire