Sundaram Finance to buy BNP Paribas stake in two JVs
Sundaram Finance today said that it will acquire 49.90 per cent stake from BNP Paribas Asset Management in two of their joint ventures for an undisclosed amount.
Finance Ministry denies compensating Vincent Tan
KUALA LUMPUR, June 29 – Second Finance Minister Datuk Seri Husni Hanadzlah denied today that the government had paid compensation to Tan Sri Vincent Tan after withdrawing approval for his company’s football betting licence. “We have not issued the licence… so questions about compensation should not arise,” he said. He was responding to questions …
Finance Ministry raises growth forecast
The Finance Ministry has raised this year’s economic-growth forecast from 4.5 per cent to 5.5 per cent, due largely to a faster-than-expected recovery in the world economy, particularly in Asia.
Global Islamic Finance Industry Targets AED7.3 Trillion (US$2 Trillion) in the Next Five Years
The global Islamic finance industry has been forecasted to touch the AED7.3 trillion (US$2 trillion) mark in the next three to five years. However, Islamic finance has not reached even three percent of the 1.6 billion Muslims globally.
General Finance Corporation Announces the Completion of Its Rights Offering
PASADENA, Calif.—-General Finance Corporation today announced the completion of its previously announced rights offering which expired at 5:00 p.m. Eastern Daylight Time on June 25, 2010.
Latest discussions for finance
AnHonestTrader: Apple Vacations amp; Sun Country Airlines Announce New Air Service From Lansing – Yahoo Finance http://tinyurl.com/2egv6x7
humshares: humshare.com:Sundaram Finance to buy out BNP Paribas? 49.9% in MF JV #stocks #tips #bse
forextrading: European Stocks Fall on Weaker-Than-Forecast U.S. Jobs Report: June 30 (Bloomberg) — European stocks slid… http://bit.ly/a6GVlF #Finance
The limited capabilities of mass market mobile devices and the
restricted expansion of mobile applications due to mobile OS
fragmentation are the two primary barriers to the explosive growth of
mobile applications. But, asks ABI Research’s Mark Beccue, “What if you
could build applications based on web standards, move the processing
associated with the applications off of the mobile device to powerful,
centralized platforms and then use the Internet to access the
applications, in essence moving these applications into the ‘cloud’?”
On December 10, ABI Research will host a Webinar on the subject of
“Mobile Cloud Computing,” hosted by key members of the firm’s expert
consumer mobility team: Practice Director Dan Shey and Senior Analyst
Mark Beccue. It will address, among other topics, these critical
What applications, products and services could leverage mobile cloud
What are the forces driving developers towards cloud-based
applications? What are the inhibitors and limitations?
What applications have already been developed?
What companies are building the foundations of this transformative
The seventh in ABI Research’s “Stay Connected” Webinar series, this
informative and enlightening session will explore the types of mobile
cloud applications that will succeed, and the drivers and inhibitors
affecting the growth of mobile cloud computing. It will review case
studies for both consumer and enterprise applications, present ABI
Research’s thoughts on where the market is going, and offer forecasts
and recommendations for interested players.
The Webinar will take place Thursday December 10 at 11:00 US Eastern
The event is free. Please register at: http://www.abiresearch.com/webinar/register.jsp.
To understand more about the market for mobile cloud computing, please
see ABI Research’s Mobile
Cloud Computing (http://www.abiresearch.com/research/1003385)research
ABI Research provides in-depth analysis and quantitative forecasting of
trends in global connectivity and other emerging technologies. From
offices in North America, Europe and Asia, ABI Research’s worldwide team
of experts advise thousands of decision makers through 28 research and
advisory services. Est. 1990. For more information visit www.abiresearch.com,
or call +1.516.624.
Christmas Dinner Hosted via Cisco TelePresence for Winning Entrants.
Highlights / Key Facts:
* Cisco invites people residing in Australia and New Zealand to submit entries to the Cisco Christmas Connections Contest for a chance to connect with family and friends from around the world this Christmas via Cisco TelePresenceTM.
* Cisco will award two first-place prizes of Christmas dinners over TelePresence, 10 second-place prizes of a TelePresence meeting and 20 third-place prizes of Flip MinoTM cameras to the person with the entry that best illustrates the importance of connections with family and friends at Christmas.
* Cisco TelePresence creates a live face-to-face experience with high-quality video and spatial audio technology that makes it feel as if you’re in the same room when in reality you may be thousands of kilometres away! The Cisco Christmas Connections Contest is designed to connect friends and families living around the world over Christmas via Cisco TelePresence.
* The Cisco Christmas Connections Contest is open now. The deadline for entries is midnight Australian Eastern Daylight Time (AEDT) on Dec. 6, 2009. For official terms and conditions the Cisco Christmas Connections Contest, please visit: www.cisco.com/connect.
* The Cisco Christmas Connections Contest is sponsored by Cisco and is open to people currently residing in Australia and New Zealand and who are eighteen (18) years old or older at time of entry and who otherwise meet the eligibility requirements in the terms and conditions.