Fujitsu today announced the gradual roll-out in Japan, starting today, of new products and services that are compatible with multiple platforms and vendor environments to employ their on-site mission-critical systems as enterprise clouds. The company will strengthen products that enable system optimization through cloud technologies, such as virtualization and automation, and offer support services.
Fujitsu has also strengthened its cloud computing-related sales activities supporting structure, offering consistent business support for customers, ranging from the building of their on-site enterprise clouds to the utilization of cloud services.
Furthermore, the company will be establishing a new Cloud Infrastructure Center to provide customers with support services for systematizing and standardizing the cloud technology essential to building the enterprise cloud.
By providing a complete array of solutions, ranging from products to system constructions, operations, and maintenance services, Fujitsu can reliably and quickly build up a system optimized for each customers management and operations while reducing IT system costs.
In order to help customers employ their on-site mission-critical systems as enterprise clouds compatible with multi-vendors and multi-platforms, Fujitsu is offering a new array of platform products, as well as related support and services.
- Platform Products for Virtualization and Automation
Enhances functionality for existing hardware and software products to enable system optimization. Commences offering the software for automating server operations, the BMC BladeLogic Operations Manager, in collaboration with BMC Software.
- Supporting Structure and Services
Enhances cloud computing-related sales activities supporting structure while providing support services for enterprise cloud constructions.
Platform Products for Virtualization and Automation
1. Server Platform Products
The following products provide a virtualization environment tailored to the customers operational resources:
- PRIMERGY PC server, PRIMEQUEST mission critical IA server, SPARC Enterprise UNIX server
- IPCOM network server
2. Storage Platform Products
The following products allow for the virtualization of disks, volumes, and file systems as well as efficient storage management and operations:
- ETERNUS DX60/DX80/4000/8000/NR1000F/VS storage systems
3. Management Software for Visualizing Virtual and Physical Environments
(1) ServerView Resource Coordinator VE
ServerView Resource Coordinator VE enables the visualization of physical and virtual server environments while unifying server monitoring and operability.
- Quick and accurate situation assessment without distinguishing the types of physical and virtual platforms; consolidates operations for starting, stopping, and rebooting servers.
(2) ETERNUS SF Storage Cruiser
ETERNUS SF Storage Cruiser enables the visualization of physical and virtual server environments while improving operation speed and minimizing human errors.
- Simplifies storage installation process and disk allocation confirmation
4. BMC BladeLogic Operations Manager (Software Products for Operations Automation)
BMC BladeLogic Operations Manager configures server environments in a multi-vendor, multi-platform setting, including parameters for OS, middleware, and applications.
- Automates configurations for OS, middleware, as well as applications across multi-vendor and multi-platform environments.
- Implements the following when combined with ServerView Resource Coordinator VE:
– Operating cost reduction achieved by automating updates and modifications involving the installation and configuration of OS, middleware and applications according to operational standards.
– Ensures system stability by automating server maintenance operations including system recovery, and patch management and distribution
About Support Structure and Services
1. Enhanced Supporting Structure for System Optimization
(1) Strengthening Sales Activities Supporting Structure
Fujitsu has strengthened its cloud computing-related sales activities supporting structure and operates a one-stop support center to help customers with enterprise cloud constructions as well as cloud utilization services.
(2) New Cloud Infrastructure Center
Fujitsus new center will provide support services for realizing infrastructure optimization. It will also develop and test infrastructure solutions for IT system constructions that utilize cloud technologies. The know-how gained through this process will be systemized and standardized and provided to customers.
2. Support Services
(1) Support Services for Optimizing Customers IT Infrastructure
Fujitsu will offer the following support services for infrastructure optimization under multi-platform, multi-vendor environments:
- Deployment workshops, planning, and assessment services
- System design and construction services, asset transition support services, operations management infrastructure design and construction services
- Operational support services, evaluation support services, and maintenance services
- Operational design services
(2) Enhanced menu of seminar, demonstration, and testing services
Fujitsu will offer a menu of seminars and demonstrations dealing with the enterprise cloud environment, giving customers a sense of how the transition from their current system to the deployment of an enterprise cloud might look.
Fujitsu is a leading provider of IT-based business solutions for the global marketplace. With approximately 175,000 employees supporting customers in 70 countries, Fujitsu combines a worldwide corps of systems and services experts with highly reliable computing and communications products and advanced microelectronics to deliver added value to customers. Headquartered in Tokyo, Fujitsu Limited (TSE:6702) reported consolidated revenues of 4.6 trillion yen (US$47 billion) for the fiscal year ended March 31, 2009. For more information, please see: www.fujitsu.com.
Source: JCN Newswire