Motorola Mobility India Private Limited today announced the launch of the QUENCH™ XT5 in India. With a winning combination of power, usability and style,
Motorola Mobility India Private Limited today announced the launch of the QUENCH™ XT5 in India. With a winning combination of power, usability and style, the QUENCH XT5 is designed to bring to you the power of Android™ 2.1 and an easy and fun touch screen mobile Internet experience at an attractive price.
“As the Android-powered market in India continues to grow significantly, we remain committed to expand our portfolio of smartphones to deliver wider choices across price segments to the Indian consumer,” said Faisal Siddiqui, country head of India, Motorola Mobility. “The QUENCH XT5 showcases Motorola’s design heritage by offering a compelling differentiation from the traditional Android experience, giving people an easier way to enjoy messaging, web browsing and music. The value for money Motorola QUENCH XT5 is elegant and intuitive with a high style quotient, and comes with exciting offers from Aircel. In addition, you get an adidas jacket and two pairs of movie tickets absolutely free making it a truly delightful purchase!”
The slim and sleek QUENCH XT5 is just 12.5mm thin, weighs a featherweight 114grams, and fits naturally and easily into the palm of the hand with a comfortable soft-touch finish. The user can navigate the phone with either the bright, high-resolution 8.1cm (3.2inch) capacitive touch screen, or with just one hand using a convenient trackball that keeps the screen finger-free for easy viewing.
Pinch to zoom features, 3.5G speed4 and WiFi4 connectivity help the user surf the web4 effortlessly on the QUENCH XT5 and ensure that you’re always connected with friends and colleagues. A 5MP camera with digital zoom and LED flash ensures great pictures and videos that can easily be uploaded to your favourite social networking sites2&4.
The Motorola QUENCH XT5 supports the Android platform, a vast range of GoogleTM services4, and access to thousands of applications and widgets on Android MarketTM. An expanded search function helps the user to keep track of all data on the phone, such as bookmarks, web browsing history, contacts and more. It even helps you find data in applications, a useful feature in a phone with support for up to 32GB of storage and space for thousands of songs and dozens of hours of video2. Motorola’s winning design gives the QUENCH XT5 a premium feel at a price that’s right for everyone. There’s never been a better time to make the leap to a sleek, trendy, full-featured, Android-powered touch screen smartphone.
Key Features Include:
- A 5MP camera with digital zoom and LED flash
- Extras4 such as 3.5G4 and Wi-Fi access4, aGPS and stereo Bluetooth®3 make QUENCH XT5 a solid Android-powered device
- Supports varied music formats — MP3, MIDI, OGG VORBIS, PCM/WAV, AAC LC/LTP, AAC+, Enhanced AAC+
- Full HTML browser with Webkit for PC-like web browsing4
- Video: capture / playback / streaming, H.263, H.264, Mpeg-4
- MP3 player
- Preloaded social networking sites (e.g. Myspace / Facebook® )
- Expanded search function makes it easier to find information online or within the device to keep track of all data on the phone, such as bookmarks, web browsing history, contacts and more, serve up Google SearchTM results based on location4, or launch applications
- The trackball allows browsing through menus and web pages without obstructing the screen
- Size: 116 x 56.8 x 12.5mm
- Memory is expandable up to 32GB; 2GB SD card in-box
- 3.5mm (0.35cm) headset jack
Pricing and Availability
The Android 2.1-powered QUENCH XT5 is available in association with Aircel in India at an attractive Best Buy price5 of Rs 13,990 (MRP: Rs 15,990). With every Motorola QUENCHXT5, you get a 2GB SD card in-box and an attractive Aircel Offer1.You can choose any one Aircel offer1:-
- Get an Aircel Prepaid connection and enjoy up to 9GB download to be consumed in three months PLUS 150 Aircel to Aircel local minutes. To activate this offer, please SMS ‘SMART PI’ to 54343 from your Aircel number or,
- Get an Aircel Postpaid connection and enjoy up to 1GB per month download for six months. To activate this offer visit the nearest Aircel Store1
For additional information, please visit www.motorola.com/in or call 1800 3000 4343 or email [email protected]
Source: Press release distribution via India PRwire
Notes to Editor
Motorola is known around the world for innovation in communications and is focused on advancing the way the world connects. From broadband communications infrastructure, enterprise mobility and public safety solutions to mobile and wireline digital communication devices that provide compelling experiences, Motorola is leading the next wave of innovations that enable people, enterprises and governments to be more connected and more mobile. Motorola (NYSE: MOT) had sales of US $22 billion in 2009. For more information, please visit www.motorola.com
Certain features, services and applications are network dependent and may not be available in all areas; additional terms, conditions and/or charges may apply. Contact your service provider for details. All features, functionality and other product specifications are based upon the latest available information and are believed to be accurate; however such product specifications are subject to change without notice or obligation.
- Limited stocks available. Offer valid while stocks last; Aircel tariff plan is available at Aircel company outlets. See further details under ‘Availability’ above.
- The unauthorized copying of copyrighted materials is contrary to the provisions of the Copyright Laws of the United States and other countries. This device is intended solely for copying non-copyrighted materials, materials in which you own the copyright, or materials which you are authorized or legally permitted to copy. If you are uncertain about your right to copy any material, please contact your legal advisor.
- This device supports Bluetooth A2DP, HSP, and HFP profiles. For Bluetooth devices to communicate with one another, they must utilize the same Bluetooth profile. To determine the profiles supported by other Motorola devices, visit www.motorola.com/bluetooth. For other devices, contact their respective manufacturer. Certain Bluetooth features including those listed may not be supported by all compatible Bluetooth-enabled devices, and/or the functionality of such features may be limited in certain devices, or by certain wireless carriers. Contact your wireless carrier about feature availability and functionality.
- Network and/or SIM card dependent feature, not available in all areas. Airtime, data charges and/or additional charges may apply. Wireless email functionality requires an email account with wireless server capabilities. Contact your service provider for details.
- “Best Buy” represents the price at which Motorola believes its handsets are ordinarily available in the market. Motorola does not undertake any resale price maintenance or purport to fix the resale price of its products. Motorola retailers and suppliers are free to sell Motorola products at a price that they consider appropriate, which, subject to the Maximum Retail Price/MRP for the relevant product, may be higher or lower than the “Best Buy” price indicated above.
MOTOROLA and the Stylized M Logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Motorola Trademark Holdings, LLC. Facebook is a registered trademark of Facebook, Inc. MySpace is a registered trademark of MySpace, Inc. Android, Google, Android Market and Google Search are registered trademarks of Google, Inc. All other trademarks and product or service names are the property of their respective owners. © 2010 Motorola Mobility, Inc. All rights reserved.
For more information, please contact:
Atul Malikram (PR 24×7 Network Limited) (L) 9827092823, (M) 9755002823