- facilitate oxygenation of water to reduce aeration and energy
- eliminate habitat for methane producing bacteria in sewers,
- digest sludge to reduce or eliminate sludge handling,
transportation to land fills (resting the pollution elsewhere),
- biodegrade pharmaceuticals and hydrocarbons,
- reduce use and costs of toxic chemicals,
- protect and extend infrastructure life,
- prevent sewer overflows and associated contamination of communities
and water bodies,
- expand treatment capacity of wastewater treatment plants,
- eliminate toxic ammonia – even under ice,
- save cities money,
- make tax dollars go further,
- and more…
Advanced Bioremediation, with the purely biological Bacta-Pur(R) System, uses optimal natural and beneficial biological communities to digest pollutants in water. Results from both open and closed gravity sewers and ponds, from Asia to Africa to Europe to the Americas, show that water borne pollutants can be biodegraded even before reaching a wastewater treatment facility. Pollutant reductions exceeding 40% have been recorded in gravity sewers, and water bodies have been restored without electrical input for aeration.
Advanced Bioremediation is a key to sustainable ecosystems: environment, economies and societies. Greenhouse gases can be reduced now while costs of environmental protection are simultaneously reduced. Affordable environmental restoration, what can be better?
IET-Aquaresearch Ltd is a Canadian company whose headquarters are near North Hatley, Quebec, Canada. The companys website is www.bactapur.com. Bacta-Pur(R) is a registered trademark of Aquaresearch Canada Ltd used under license.